Saturday, August 18, 2012

Recent House Purchases

I'm trying to get some of the decorating in my house done, decided on starting with pictures.  I'm still not sure what I want in the office which will hopefully one day be a baby room.  I think the boy would like a movie poster or retro cartoon which I can definitely work with, just need to figure out which one.   For our 1 year anniversary I made him a cartoon on a website and printed it out for him.  I designed the characters and told our story, my character doesn't really look like me but he looks like his character.  I have put this in the office so far and nothing else until I figure out exactly what I want.


 The other day I decided spare of the moment to race out to Kmart because my laundry and downstairs needed some sprucing, there was only 3 canvas' to choose from so grabbed this flower painting not realizing that it matched perfectly with my Laundry storage bins.  Very happy and at only $12, BARGAIN!!!

 I didn't like any of the other canvas' for the bathroom so grabbed a white frame for $8 and figured I'd buy a print off etsy.  I really wanted to put it up right there and then, I'm very impatient and decided to go through my Vogue and see if anything could go in the frame.  BINGO!!!! The Chanel ad was Perfect!!!!  I love it. Such a great, cheap way to decorate by using ad's in Magazines.


 Yesterday Husband and I went looking at Outdoor furniture and stopped at Freedom where I found this side table for only $29.  It's pretty much exactly what I was looking for but much cheaper!  LOVE.  I still haven't figured out what cushions I want on the couch...

Don't you just love my 1990's Apricot doors!

No comments:

Post a Comment