Thursday, June 28, 2012

Nappy Cake

Hi,

I'm posting this for my friend so she knows how to make a Nappy Cake.  This is a great idea for a baby shower gift.  I've made a few but this one was my latest and I just can not find the final photo of it because I added lots more stuff after this pic was taken
Needed -
Small Rubber Bands
Large Rubber Bands
Box of Nappies
Ribbon
Extra items I used - Ralph Lauren Polo, Spoon, Crocs, Dummys, Face washers, Disposable Nappy bags, Baby powder, Baby oil, cotton buds etc.  Basically anything you want you can put in.

I have no idea how many nappies I used but it was a just a normal packet, maybe 35-40ish?  You have to roll each nappy up and secure with a rubber band.  There's lots of tutorials on youtube on how to do this.  I then made a circle with them and with the large rubberbands secured the base.  For the base I also added a blanket and folded it up and it fit perfectly around, I secured the blanket with a tag gun.  For the next level I took out a few nappies and replaced with rolled up face washers.  Once this layer was done I just kept sliding the extra gifts into this level and then hid the bands with pretty ribbon.  Next for the top level I only ended up using one nappy and attached it to the little croc shoes.  You can sit it all on a cake board or put something through the middle so all levels are secure but I never do that.  I just carry it and it never falls.  Decorate with little trinkets found at junk stores in the baby shower section.  I did this but never took the photo with all the decorations.  




No comments:

Post a Comment