Monday, June 18, 2012

My Little House

I am obsessed with home decor!!!! I'm totally into Pinterest trying to make my house look like magazine standard which is pretty impossible in my tiny townhouse.
I have been having lots of fun with a can of black gloss paint, randomly one day decided I didn't need to have my husband with me to go and get paint so headed down to Bunnings and grabbed everything I needed. I only wanted to paint our hideous 90's apricot staircase a beautiful shiny black. It was surprisingly easy and turned out really nice seeing I had never painted before.

I had about half a can left so grabbed my old white dressing table I got about 10 years ago for my b'day and painted it!!! I LOVE how it turned out. I have wanted a Ghost chair forever and thought this table would make a cute desk for my laptop to be on. We set the table up downstairs in a little corner. We went to DARE furniture on the weekend to buy my Ghost chair only to find they had 1 black one on sale from $350 down to $99. I can not go past a bargain so had to get the black which I'm in love with now. 

Can't wait till we can get a new bed, dying for one with a padded headboard thing, don't really know what they are called.  Also want to wallpaper the wall behind the bed.  Did anybody notice what the pillow says? hehe

This week we also purchased another long wanted item for our bedroom. Mirrored bedside tables!!!!! Now we just need a pretty chest of drawers instead of our wood ones which do not match. Seeing as though I've got paint crazy I'm thinking of painting them with the remaining black gloss paint.
 Our Puppy (well he's 1 now but he's our puppy) loves going to rides in the back of the ute.  He's wearing another new jacket, my mother spends more money on him then on all of us kids combined.  

 Me and the Husband finally used one of our wedding gifts, our Breville Juicer.  I've been pretty sick lately so thought some carrot juice might do the trick.  It didn't make me better but it was pretty good.  The juicer itself if really good, we don't have much in our fridge so only had some carrots and an apple, the apple definitely makes it takes a little nicer.  Cleaning the thing is a pain in the A$$!!!!

Only 2 weeks until I go to San Francisco!!!!  I haven't been buying much lately because I know I want to do some shopping over there.  I might have to do a post of my USA wish list, it's getting longer every day.  Anybody have any must dos while in San Fran?  I've never been, I have been to America quite a few times but not there.  I'll start getting excited after this week, last week of classes and it's Parents Watch Week which is so exhausting having to teach and have all the noisy parents in the room.  7 classes tomorrow!!!!!  I also have to figure out substitute teachers for while I'm gone.

I would love to do OOTD (Outfit of the Day) but unfortunately I only ever wear workout gear.  Fridays I get to wear normal people clothes and also on Sundays

KITTEN D'AMOR opens this Thursday at Carindale!  Is anybody else excited???  Husband says I'm allowed to buy some stuff cuz he likes that style.

B xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment