Saturday, October 6, 2012

DIY : Striped Bathroom Walls

Striped Walls

This past weekend me and my 11 year old cousin decided to paint my downstairs bathroom.  We raced to Bunnings before it closed and chose a colour.  I was wanting a very subtle silver or gold but the one we chose definitely wasn't subtle.   I am pretty impatient and couldn't be bothered taking a long time to choose the paint and basically just chose the lightest goldy colour they had.  We ended up buying PEWTER ILLUSION by DULUX in a sample pot for only $20.

 Here is the bathroom before, it was really hard to take photos of this room
 The other side of the room
 Husband helped for about 20 minutes before he got distracted by his computer but at least I got him to help me tape up the wall.
 1st coat is done.  For the second coat the man who mixed my paint told me to criss cross with a brush.  I didn't really want a brush look so just used the roller for the second coat. 
 Finished!!!
 It's so pretty, I love it even though it's much darker then I wanted
I really need some different accessories in this room now to match my stripes!!



B xx

2 comments:

  1. That looks really good. Can't wait till I move in again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. that's wonderful, i wish i could do that!

    ReplyDelete